skip to Main Content

24)
  
Heston Mfg. has five possible investment&nb sp;projects for the coming ye

24)
  
Heston Mfg. has five possible investment&nb sp;projects for the coming year. Each project is in divisibl e. They are:
 
 
Project Investment (million) I RR 
 
 A $ 8 22%
 
 B $10  18%
 
 C $ 4  15%
 
 D $ 4   13%
 
 E $ 2 10%
 
 
He stonʹs weighted marginal cost of capital schedule is 12  percent for up to $23 million of investment; beyond&nb sp;$23 million the weighted cost of capital is 14 perce nt. The optimal capital budget is:
   
  232;A)
 
 $18 million.
   
B)
 R 32; $22 million.
   
C)
 
 $26 milli on.
   
D)
 
 $23 million.
  & #8232; 
 
   25)
  
Which of&n bsp;the following would be a method of improving a firm ʹs economic profit? Assume all else equal.
  &nbs p;
 
A)
 
 Identify and improve operating  ;efficiencies.
  
B)
 
 Increase sales.
  ; 
C)
 
 Recapitalize the firm to reduce i ts cost of capital.
  
D)
 
 All of& nbsp;the above.
  
   26)
 
 /p>   27)  Last year Gator Getters, Inc. had&nbs p;$50 million in total assets. Management desires to increas e its plant and equipment during the coming year by&nbs p;$12 million. The company plans to finance 40 percent  of the expansion with debt and the remaining 60 percent  with equity capital. Bond financing will be at a  9 percent rate and will be sold at its par value.& nbsp;Common stock is currently selling for $50 per share,&nb sp;and flotation costs for new common stock will amount  ;to $5 per share. The expected dividend next year for&n bsp;Gator is $2.50. Furthermore, dividends are expected to g row at a 6 percent rate far into the future. The&n bsp;marginal corporate tax rate is 34 percent. Internal fund…

Read More
Back To Top